Tuesday 11 March 2014

Once said, Forever heard.

Do you ever walk away in a fight? Hang up on your mum nagging you? Delete that 'bitch' on Facebook? Do you ever forgive and forget and learn to love the impossible?

No. No we don't.



Recently, in current events, people all over the world have loved and lost. Whether it be as critical as the 'Malaysian airlines' disappearance or just turning your back on a loved one, people are holding grudges, or agreeing with their ego and not forgiving innocent mistakes of those around them.

This was brought to my attention when I was a little girl. My mother (when we would fight and i would storm off) always made me promise her that no matter what, i would forgive, forget and love.
So when i would go to bed angry, or drive off angry or whatever situation, i would never face that consequence of regretting what i had said and done if anything was to ever happen.

Although we are all so lucky to not lose someone everyday, in the odd chance it does happen, don't risk the chance of losing someone and your last words just because of your ignorance.

It is a big thing to be able to forget an incident someone did to you and be able to brush it off with a smile. It is hard to forgive and move on and still love that person for who they are. It seems almost impossible to just hug someone and walk away after a life changing fight. But let me tell you, the hardest thing you would ever face is yelling at someone and telling them to 'fuck off' and then never being able to talk to them ever again. Not ever being able to say 'I'm sorry' or 'i love you.

Tell me you would be able to deal with that for the rest of your life.

If you could, then fine. Don't read on. But almost 100% of viewers who read this would pick up the phone, send a message or hug their mum and say sorry for all the hate that has been passed around. Im not trying to solve 'world peace' or say that everyone has to be 'filled with love and rainbows'. All i am saying is be the bigger person, you will feel secure at the end of the day knowing that whatever tomorrow brings, you would of changed and done the right thing.

For me, it is a huge part of my life. I hate walking away from someone i have been in a fight with. I hate hanging up the phone with unresolved problems. I hate going to sleep knowing that i haven't made peace with someone.

Its been almost compulsory in my life, this little 'ritual'. My parents are pilots. They have come and gone my entire life and with parents who travel long distance and aren't always around, contact is a major factor in our relationship. I could never hang up the phone on my dad during a fight and know that he is about to board a plane. It would tear me up into pieces if i did. If i just hung up because he wouldn't let me hang out with friends or made me do chores and out of spite i just 'hung up' the phone. What next? I get a phone call saying that his plane had gone down and i never got to say i loved him and all he had ever done for me.

No. It would haunt me for the rest of life and i will never put myself nor my family in that position.

There was a phone call i made a couple of years ago. It was to my mum. It was a fight over something stupid like me not doing the laundry or not cleaning my room and i went out. She called me angry that i hadn't obeyed her and i got angry that she was yelling at me. It was a spur of the moment thing but i hung up on her with fury. After a couple of minutes, i took a breath and called back.

DIAL TONE. DIAL TONE. DIAL TONE. "Sorry, this number is unavailable right now".
I called about 20 times.
Over and over, i heard the same thing. My heart stopped and i could only think the worst. I hated myself. What if i never heard from her again?

Turns out *spolier alert* mum's phone had gone flat. But boy, did it teach me a lesson in forgiving and forgetting.

Don't let that be you. Always remember there are bigger things in the world and you are lucky to be surrounded by love and life. Wow. I sound kind of pathetic and like a world peace hippy right now. But in all honestly, if you haven't done before, learn to love the impossible. Hating and holding grudges and not resolving issues between you and someone else will bring you nothing but misery. You'll always have this cloud of hate for someone and it will only eat you from the inside out.

Be the bigger person.
Move on with your day and don't let anything that can be resolved come back and haunt you.

Sorry for the dark and gloomy post- i blame it on watching "the impossible" movie.
I will be in touch. But for now its goodnight!
x




SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by pipdig