Wednesday 22 October 2014

1000 lights

The following content is of fiction. What has been written is for pure entertainment and literacy purposes only. 

"Stars die and are born in places like this one. They condense like raindrops from giant clouds of gas and dust. They get so hot that the nuclei of the atoms fuse together deep within them to make the oxygen we breathe, the carbon in our muscles, the calcium in our bones, the iron in our blood, all of it was cooked in the fiery hearts of long-vanished stars. You, me, everyone… we are made of star stuff."- Neil deGrasse Tyson



Nebula

I guess the beginning of where this all began, started out during nights where I lay on my back and looked up. 
Sometimes there were stars above and sometimes i just pictured that they were there. 
Majority of my time, i liked to indulge myself in the recreation of drinking in the free lights that are vastly spread across the sky.

I'm a dying breed. 
Living in a city with so many stars and too many eyes, I find that we become distracted by looking at each other that we forget to look elsewhere. 

Beauty in above was replaced by human kind and many of us decided that the glisten in another's iris became more important than the twinkle of a falling star.




Protostar

My escape from reality relied upon clear nights.
I wasn't a sad story and my problems were typically first world. 
However, i found it nurturing to be alone and to remember that there were bigger things out there than we were aware of.

I was never caught up in textbooks or heavy drugs.
I never became a cliche or stereotype.

I never belonged to anyone or anything, and in return I kept my sanity. 
In a life where kids became fragile if their phone died and money poured from your parent's wallet,
I learnt to appreciate the dirt under my toes.

I didn't become susceptible to the fads of high school, 
and i wasn't interested in playing mind games with girls under bed sheets.

I didn't notice that I led my life very differently to those of my age,
but when i did, 
I thanked my lucky stars that I was able to remain entirely my own self 
and celebrated with "comfortably numb" on loud and a beer at 7.



Red Supergiant

I found a star in her eyes. 

I wish this was a typical teenage love story about sweaty palms and untouched thighs. 
But it isn't.

I didn't know her name and her story didn't matter to me.
She was arrogant and rude and blew air kisses to her fans as she pranced down school corridors.

She was the reason why i induced myself in star filled coma's and was reluctant to enter a world associated with people like her in it.

Her lips popped bubbles at the back of classrooms and her pony tail slapped 32 people a day. 
Sure, she was alright looking from afar, but i made sure distance was kept between us in case people like her were contagious.



Supernova

She was a plague that i would eventually die from.

Our distance became slim and as her forehead bumped mine her eyes became brighter.
I'd seen a comet last year which lit a fire in my ribs but when i saw her, i felt an incandescent love for the stars that were her eyes.

I never believed in a world where people truly fell like meteors in showers. 
Metaphorically speaking, i fell 10,000 ft inside for this girl, yet i despised her existence for more than 10 years.

I didn't know what love felt like but i assumed it felt a little bit like this.

She wasn't aware of the spark that lit, but her eyes told me more about life than one would know.
She looked and saw all of me in a second of rare insanity.
No words were said and no motive of her or mine showed that what was shared in our eyes, would ever return again.

Similar to a shooting star, maybe it was something beautiful for a second but would never be seen again until another rare occasion. 
It can't be forced or predicted, but the love that i had for the light that shone out of her had me entranced. 

My own taste of narcotics at the expensive price of having to look away.



Black Hole

I wanted to believe in a love that had the strength of a gravitational field so intense that no matter or radiation can escape.
 I wanted to be remembered by someone whose words didn't matter and but their voice was still loud. I wanted to believe in a love, that chased the sun and drank under the moon. 

I never even considered a life that included romance and i didn't believe that love was an amber in your stomach that warmed to a certain person.

She gave me a second of a pure ecstasy, somewhat addictive to those who didn't know how to handle it.

Although love was enticing, it was irrationally common, just like the routine way the sun goes down and the stars come alive.

I didn't believe in love nor did i want to endeavour on dedicating my efforts to a form of something that could vanish as quickly as her eyes darted from mine.

I believed in existence and stages of life that were conclusive and that eventually we all disappeared, returning back to exactly where we came from, nothing. 




This is not a sad story and although you were told that this wasn't a traditional love story, 
you still kept reading didn't you?
We are told one thing and expect another.

There is a little light in all of us, 
there is hope in thinking that there is more than what we are given.
We like to believe in brighter things that will light up our life, 
and there are.

So when the sun goes down, and your street lamps go on,
remember to look up.












SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by pipdig