Wednesday 1 October 2014

Live a cluttered life: Simply.

I am an over-thinker. If you have worked with me, been associated with me or are currently friends with me- there would have been a time where you have seen me or heard me say "I'm overthinking this".

The fact that i know that i am over-thinker, makes me aware that there are times when my life can seem complicated, but it takes me a few seconds to see that i chose to see life with complex goggles on and instead should adjust my lens and to see it simply.




I wouldn't say my life is messy. I am a messy person and yes, forget to shower some days- but it doesn't necessarily mean my life should also be untidy.

It has been a very tiresome year for myself, with a lot of job changes, life decisions and currently I am living out of the back of my car for 10 days while i move house. 

It hasn't always been easy to enjoy welcoming the next day and I haven't always been able to breathe with ease knowing that life is exactly how I planned for it to be at this current time. 

For one, I definitely thought I'd have saved A LOT more money, and i thought i would of been nearly half way through my uni degree by now, but sitting in the present- i have not yet achieved any of those things. 

This would usually be the time when my heart would start to race and I would frantically call mum with lack of breath and switch from cruise control to self-destruction shutdown. 

Mentally- I have been exhausted from analysing life's little perks and forgot to focus on moving on with life instead of remaining in the past.




I am a dweller- self confessed- i love to dwell. Chuck on some green day and watch reruns of family guy, I loved to sit in my sorrows and throw myself a pity party. I never considered it something toxic to do, but in the past few weeks i realised that that was probably the main reason I was in a bad situation to begin with.

Living a cluttered life is a good thing. It means you are involved with many different people and things. Keeping active, mentally and physically and generally exhaust yourself doing things you love. If you live a cluttered life doing things you 'hate' means you are living your life 'complicatedly'. 

Living a complicated life, is something you need to remove from doing. That will kill you.
Maybe not kill you, but you will always be unhappy and therefore, your life will be far from being simple.

Live a cluttered life. It can be maintained and managed and although it may overwhelm you, happiness is still available.

I went through a period of time where I stopped doing everything I loved. I didn't surf, skate or even meet up with friends. And it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago when i began to surf again that I realised how such a simple activity brought such a large amount of happiness back into my life. 

It was that moment when I realised that although my life can be cluttered with various bumps in the road- it really is all in the eye of the beholder. 




WE choose whether or not we are going to wake up happy or stressed. We choose what we do with our lives and we create the atmosphere we surround ourselves in.

If you do not like it- move out of it. If you do not enjoy it- stop doing it. If you don't love it- find something else.

Life is all about motive and action- hence why they call us 'living'. I used to believe life was easy doing bare minimal and then I realised that life was hard trying to do 'nothing' all day.

Not that it's a choice to make, but it's something I am certainly happy about discovering earlier on rather than later.


Cheers,
x






SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by pipdig